Thursday, February 28, 2013

A letter By Avsam Fuad, Iskandhar School Grade 7


Narrative Writing NARRATIVE WRITING Imagine that you were an adopted child. Narrate the incidents that took place in your life in the new home. I was lying wide awake in bed. I was still not used to sleeping early. I could hear my brothers playing games downstairs.it was all new to me .beds, designed plastic plates, games, computers, laptops, I never knew anything about that. I had been recently adopted by some rich people. I don’t know much about them even though I have been living with them for the past few months. Only thing I know is that I am now part of a much respected family. The first day I came to the house, I felt very awkward. Everything was new to me. The first few days were terrifying .i spent all day alone in my room. I missed my friends a lot and the only thing my brother did to me was staring blankly at me. After a few days, I had become a bit familiar with the family rules and culture and I finally had the courage to go out of my room. The house was huge. Suddenly, something started running around my legs. “Are there vicious dogs here too? “I thought to myself. It took me by surprise and I was just standing there for seconds. It took me a while for me to get back to my senses and do what I do to all the vicious dogs in the orphanage. A well-aimed hard blow to the side of the dog’s head. Then I heard a cry “what did you do Jacky?” it was my sister and I just realized what I had done.Ofcouse the dog was not dead.it was just out cold for a few hours. I was only grounded for a few days because I did not know anything about pets. The day after I realized that something was missing from my life.it had been weeks since I had done it. My hobby, cockroach hunting. Everyone in the orphanage had this same hobby and I was the best one. Two days later, I went into the garden this time on the guard for the dog. One hour later I returned to the house to get a plastic bag to put my cockroaches. I had had a good hunt. At least I would be able to impress my family by showing how good I was at this. Grounded again. Since then I had done nothing except learning the rules of the family further. After that I thought it would be better to stay in my own room. I barely go out of my room now. I only come out to eat. Life was starting to get boring, but my adoptive parents tell me that life will not be so boring after I start going to school next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment